Managed WordPress Hosting: Advantages
1. Backups. It’s important to prepare a website backup, in case something bad happens to your web pages. Remember, those backups that you did a year ago will no longer apply today. You wouldn’t want to lose a lot of data. With the help of managed hosting, you can run automatic, regular backups.
2. Updates and Downtime. Updates and website downtime rates can be improved through managed hosting. You can expect servers to be always up for additional updates, and other matters compared to content management systems.
3. Security. Are you managing an ecommerce website, and at the same time processes a plenty of online credit card transactions each day? Well, you need to be careful. You might be a target of hackers and other cybercriminals. It’s best to utilize managed hosting for regular malware scans and other security patches.
4. Speed. A fast-loading website is essential for every online business. If your web pages takes more than 20 seconds to load, then potential customers would leave, and find another website that works better. Are you looking for the best hosting service in Malaysia? Make sure to collaborate only with a reputable managed hosting team with optimized servers.
Managed WordPress Hosting: Disadvantages
1. No full control. Do you want to have the final say in each aspect of your platform? If yes, managed hosting is not the right option for you. With it, you wouldn’t have the freedom to customize and personalize your website as much as you want.
2. High costs. The price is a major drawback in this aspect. A shared hosting plan can cost around $2 to $5 each month. Managed hosting, on the other hand, can amount up to $25 a month. Though, if you have a successful website, paying this amount is worth the convenience.
3. Plugins. Several website owners don’t realize that most managed hosting benefits can be achieved by using plugins.